Wednesday, January 11, 2006

"Gerwargerwaggle!"

From today's Senate Judiciary confirmation hearings (via Frank J.):
"It's now Senator Kennedy's turn," Specter said.

Alito stared at the globular mass before him. "It's like someone put Jabba the Hut in a suit."

"Gerwargerwaggle!" Kennedy exclaimed as he flailed his tiny limbs and ripped some flesh from the ham hock he had in hand.

"I'm sorry," Alito answered, "I'm not sure how this is possible, but I don't think I can hear you over your own stench of whiskey."

"Wargherbagleergh!" Kennedy yelled, flailing his arms around some more.
In all seriousness though, what I saw today on C-Span was Kennedy pulling out sentences from magazines and newspapers and demanding to know if Alito had ever read them. He can't find anything in the three or four hundred opinions Alito actually did write to ding him with, so now Senator-for-life murderer Ted Kennedy wants us to believe that Judge Alito is responsible for everything he has ever read? Alito says he didn't even read what Teddy is talking about. I read tons of stuff I disagree with. So what? I thought McCarthyism was a bad thing. For Senator Kennedy, it's all about the smear. Kennedy is a thug. And don't even get me started on Joe Biden ("all kidding aside, I wasn't a big Princeton fan") or Upchuck Schumer. (SCHUMER: Does the Constitution protect the right to free speech? ALITO: Certainly it does. That's in the First Amendment. SCHUMER: So why can't you answer the question of: Does the Constitution protect the right to an abortion the same way without talking about stare decisis?) These guys really should have taken their medication.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home