Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Take a Good Look at the New President

of Iran.

My Reaction: Oh boy! Happy days are here again! I can still remember those blissful 444 days of my childhood, watching the tv in amazement thinking, "A country's government can take another country's people hostage? Why haven't we declared war?" What do 12-year olds know? (Evidently, a lot more than one Jimmy Carter. Just ask Amy.) Well, now it's official. The new President of Iran, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, is a terrorist bent on the death and destruction of good ol' USA, and he's about to get his hands on a bunch of nukes. It's not the mushroom clouds I'm worried about so much - I'm assuming our missile defenses can prevent missiles from reentering the atmosphere and I'm assuming that Iran won't develop a suitcase nuke for another generation or so. It's the EMP I'm worried about. I guess we'll soon find out how New Yorkers get along without electricity for decades on end. (CA, AZ, NV, OR, WA, & ID too, if Kim Jong manages to detonate a nuke in space east of Hawaii. Without those subs in the Sea of Japan, or East Sea if you prefer, we'd be so screwed.) The red states probably wouldn't suffer too much. Look at the bright side: all those Boy Scout merit badges may come in handy yet. I wouldn't expect much help from the Europeans. They're not the target so why should they care? What's that? Oh, I'm sorry! Tom Cruise just told me I'm being glib and that I should shut up before I embarrass myself. Ok. Whatever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home